WD Forays in to Wireless Home Networking Market

Wednesday 29 August 2012


WD has inaugurated its first line of wireless home networking products in India, which are designed specifically to accelerate movies, video and gaming, delivering a premium high-definition entertainment experience. With the My Net family of powerful and easy-to-use home networking products, WD debuts its exclusive FasTrack technology that instantly detects entertainment traffic on the network and fast-forwards it to  gaming consoles, media players, smart TVs, tablets, smartphones, computers and other Wi-Fi connected devices. 
WD Forays in to Wireless Home Networking Market

At the launch of the My Net Routers, Khalid Wani, WD’s sales director for branded products, India, Middle East and Africa said, “Network demands within the connected home are growing exponentially, with members of the average Indian household simultaneously watching movies, playing games or browsing the Internet via smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and other devices. The My Net routers are a result of valuable insights gained from our success in the Connected Homes and personal cloud markets, which also positions us uniquely to address wireless networking hassles and enhance the home entertainment experience for consumers.”

With the industry’s only full line of HD dual-band wireless N routers, My Net users can fully enjoy this new age of home entertainment. WD’s exclusive FasTrack optimization technology intelligently and automatically prioritizes Internet favorites like Netflix, Hulu Plus, VUDU, YouTube, Xbox LIVE, Skype and others, to create a smooth streaming experience in up to Full-HD 1080p quality.

In addition to getting a premium home entertainment experience with My Net routers, customers can centralize storage and backup for all the computers in their home, as well as create a personal cloud for their digital media and remotely access those files anytime, anywhere.

My Net Router Family

•    My Net N900 Central

•    My Net N900

•    My Net N750

•    My Net N600


The My Net Family of Dual-Band Routers will be available at all leading electronics retailers and stores from the third week of September 2012.

Model                                                        MSRP

My Net N600                                           Rs. 5,699

My Net N750                                           Rs. 7,199   

My Net N900                                           Rs. 11,999

My Net N900 Central (1TB)                    Rs. 20,999

My Net N900 Central (2TB)                    Rs. 25,999

0 comments: